YOU JUST HAD AN ABORTION. THOSE INFORMATIONS ARE A REMINDER FOR THE COMING DAYS.
Most women live in their abortion in a positive way and have no negative consequences in the long term. On the contrary, they have great relief and are happy to have taken this control over their bodies and their lives. Others react with more difficulty. Having experienced an abortion in a positive way does not prevent a variety of emotions from being experienced as sadness and anger.
After an abortion, it is important to take care of yourself with a friend and if this is not enough, do not hesitate to consult us.
It is suggested to rest on the day of abortion.
AFTER ABORTION, IT IS NORMAL
- not bleeding
- bleeding immediately afterwards
- bleeding a few days later
- bleeding extensively with clots and cramps (up to 3 to 4 days after intervention and may last from 24 to 48 hours)
- bleeding for 3 weeks to cramps
- feel pain in the lower belly for a few hours to a few days
- feel breast pain
- don’t want to take over your sexual activities. Respect your rhythm
Bleeding following abortion is not menstrual. These will occur from 4 to 6 weeks after abortion.
If everything happens normally, pass a pregnancy test 4 weeks after your abortion. If it remains positive, call us.
TO RELIEVE PAIN:
You can use 200 mg ibuprophe like Advil or Motrin (if not contraindicated for you) at 2 to 3 tablets per dose per 4 to 6 hours. If you have an Anaprox or Ponstan prescription, you can use it.
Pain can also be relieved by natural means such as the heat of a kettle or a magical bag.
For breast pain, you can wear a good bra, apply cold water compresses, avoid hot water showers and stimulate your breasts.
AVOID ASPIRIN OR ANY OTHER MEDICATION CONTAINING ASPIRIN LIKE MIDOL OR ASA
The majority of women resume their activities on the day after the procedure.
WHAT IS NOT NORMAL AFTER ABORTION:
- If you need to change hygienic towel every hour for 6 hours or at ½ hour for 3 hours.
- If you feel intense and persistent pain that is not relieved by Advil, Motrin, Ponstan or Anaprox.
- If you make fever
- If your symptoms of pregnancy persist more than a week (however, your breasts may remain sensitive longer)
If you present one of these symptoms, call us. If you can’t reach us and your bleeding is important, the pain is intolerable or your temperature is more than 38 ° C (101 ° F), see the hospital emergency.
A screening test for gonorrhea and chlamydia was performed prior to abortion. If the results are positive, we will contact you at the number you gave us, unless you specify otherwise.
Be careful, you can become pregnant immediately even if you are still bleeding.